In this section
Applying for a Grant
The John Villiers Trust accepts applications from eligible charities for projects and services taking place in Queensland which fit within our granting strategy. Details as to our granting strategy can be found in our Funding Guidelines and Conditions.
Before making an application, please check you are eligible.
We are always happy to discuss your proposal with you prior to submission.
- The John Villiers Trust is legally bound by the terms of the Trust Deed of The John Villiers Trust. To be eligible to receive a grant, an organisation must have both Charity Tax Concession status and Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status under item 1 of the table in Subdivision 30-B of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
- You can check your charity’s tax status on the ABN Lookup website at www.abn.business.gov.au
- Further, we require organisations to be registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission and to be up to date with their reporting requirements on the ACNC Charity Register.
- Please do not make an application to us unless you meet all these criteria as we do not give grants to charities which do not meet them. Of course, we are always happy to discuss the eligibility criteria with you.
Next Grants Round
- The John Villiers Trust has implemented a two-stage application process. The first step of which is to submit a brief Expression of Interest form (EOI), and if successful, a more comprehensive Grant Application by invitation.
- The Board may, in its discretion, invite organisations to submit an EOI or Grant Application.
- EOIs may be lodged at any time via this link (please copy and paste into a new browser):
The Board of The John Villiers Trust will meet regularly, approximately quarterly, to consider lodged EOIs and Grant Applications.
It is strongly recommended that those wishing to apply to the Trust under the EOI process contact the Trust’s office prior to lodging an EOI, to discuss the proposal, eligibility requirements and timeframes.
Please contact the office (07 3102 9588 or [email protected]) if you have any queries.